Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Relaxing - My magic word for today

We just got back from our 11 day vacation, which in a way doesn't feel like a vacation at all. Driving 4 days of the 11, then where my husband grew up there's no close towns and for this city chic I mean, to get anywhere you have to drive at least 25 minutes. That's all it seemed like we did all week long, drive. The word vacation to me feels like it should be relaxing and there was nothing relaxing about our 11 days.
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed visiting his family, and my family and friends in PA (on our way back home) but again comes back to not relaxing. I guess there is no relaxing with a 2 year old either. I hope that next year we can incorporate an actual vacation, beach bound or to somewhere that is actually relaxing. I did enjoy doing lots of shopping, mostly for Brayden. I pretty much stocked him up on his fall/winter wardrobe along with fall/winter pajamas.  He is definitely set as far as clothes go.
I only have a few more items I need to get him from Santa and he's practically done there as well. I did get a few items in Canada, figured I'd grab them while I had the chance.
Since our bathroom remodel I have been in the mood to have my house actually decorated and NOT so bland and plain. My dad has done a bunch to help out with this - wanting me to decorate by actually helping us out and painting the inside of our house for us. So I managed to get new items for our Master bath to go with the new tile and paint, next is our bedroom which I already got us a new comforter for in there and sheets (the dogs have no access to our room when we are not home so it doesn't get ruined by them laying on it), dads going to paint in there next. I basically need at this point wall hangings. I don't have very many picture frames or any wall art to go with any of our decor. Other than these horrible man pictures that Rick has that need to go really! LOL.  I let him use them to fill the walls temporarily. Sad thing is I am just now getting into doing all this and have NO intentions of staying here for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment