Monday, May 21, 2012

Jibberish

Hi all! Well, we had a pretty cool weekend. It was very relaxing, we didn't do too much. Friday afternoon I picked up my little man and headed home. We got home and daddy was already there, he had to because we switched our TV service, again! We had dish but we went back to regular cable after dish jacked up their prices on us. So with this change I am saving $150.00 a month!!! I am super stoked about that!!
Anyways, so Friday we didn't do much at all. Just hung out at home with our B-man and played toys with him.
Saturday we got up and Rick had yard work he wanted to do so I took B and we went to my parents to visit. He had so much fun as usual over there. Then B and I decided we'd take home lunch for Daddy, and so we did just that. Arbys, yum! So after lunch we all took a nap. Then we headed out to pet smart to see Rhonda our friend from the Davidson County Humane Society. While there we took B around the store to see the other animals. He loved the Guinna pigs, he thought they were great! After that we picked up a salad from the Teeter and ran into Grammy and pappy there food shopping. We chatted for a bit and then off to home we went. Had dinner and watched the movie Cars together before B went to bed.
Sunday was fun! We went shopping for a friend of mine who's baby shower is this Thursday. That's always exciting!!Yay for shopping. I did manage to pick up some plain undershirts 4T for B because he out grew his 24 month ones already. I figured I was safest with the 4T's. I also stopped to get things to make a veggie pizza. Well I am making 2 of them. One for the baby shower and one for home because they are so awesomely yummy!! We came home from shopping and had lunch and took naps again. Well I stayed up and watched On Demand the show Weeds. I am trying to catch all the seasons. I think so far I am currently on season 5. After nap time we went to this corvette show. We really only went to see our friends Vern & Michelle. Vern's band "Drive South" was playing there and it was great! We got a balloon made for B in the shape of a puppy but needless to say it didn't last very long once he fell down it popped. B loved the music and it was perfect weather!


The rest of Sunday we spent playing in the backyard, having dinner and then finishing our movie we started Saturday night. B was super tired after all the outdoor activities so he crashed the moment his head hit his bed. He over all was a very good little boy.


We have lots to look forward to in the very near future. It's a 3 day weekend this week for Memorial Day. I need to get my house cleaned and laundry done in 1 or 2 evenings this week. Then Thursday is the baby shower. Friday, no plans but Saturday we are going to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Super Hero's at the Coliseum!! I can wait to see B's face when the show starts!! Oh and hopefully one night maybe even tonight I am going to start making different colored homemade batches of play doh for B as well. It's less messy and holds up longer than the real stuff. I may even get B to help me in the kitchen. My dad built him a tower stool that grows with him. ( I need to decide if there is anything else I'd like him to build us :-) ) I will take a picture tonight and add it so you can see how awesome it is. B loves it too. When I tell him in the kitchen to wash his hands before dinner he runs to the sink and waits patiently for me to pull it up! It's great because now he is perfect height to help out, Sunday morning he helped butter our waffles for breakfast and he was so excited!
The little moments I have realized will be the ones that will still amaze me and make me smile on a daily basis. Perks of being a mommy. On our drive to pick up Grammy and go to school this morning B managed to point out when we passed a horse, he said "Neh" and then I asked him what kitty cats do because we showed him one at Petsmart the other day and he said "Meow". It made me smile :-) Have a great week!!

Here are those stool pictures I finally got uploaded!




No comments:

Post a Comment