Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Potty Training

Potty training, Brayden has moved up to the 2's room at daycare and that's when the kiddos start training for the potty. They have a potty room in their class and I've been meaning to ask his lovely teacher when they may start with Brayden at school.

I have been asking him at home, I showed him his new potty and before bath time I ask if he needs to go potty and he tells me no. Once he gets in the tub he pees. Or even when he gets outta the tub before I manage to get the diaper on he's running all over the house peeing.

He tells me, "Mommy poop" and he pats his bum. So I know he knows when he has to or when he actually does it. Last night he was telling me he pooped but I check his bum and nada!

So I am not too sure how all this is going to work out. I don't want to push him or be too hard on him, I want him to have an enjoyable potty training experience. No anxieties over going potty.

I've trained many of dogs in my day but this is going to be a weird experience trying to train him. :-)

Not much going on here lately. Hopefully many adventures soon! We've already got our Halloween costume, yay!! Looking forward to Christmas already too! I just can't wait for Fall weather.

Oh, we also had Brayden's 2 year portraits done last weekend so hopefully I'll have those back soon so I can post pictures!! I had them done with http://www.shawnamoorephotography.com/. She does AMAZING photos!!! I am pretty sure she captured some great moments!! I'll post those once I get them!

1 comment:

  1. We are in potty training land over here too! Eden is doing well, but she is almost three (in December) and she was semi-trained before (then had a relapse). Honestly, I think training a boy will be different too - I'm scared to death to think of trying to train Harry! So while I don't have any tips for ya, I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts once Brayden is trained! :)

    ReplyDelete