Thursday, June 14, 2012

Andretti & Father's Day

On Saturday June 2nd Rick had scheduled (Finally) his Andretti Racing Experience I got for him Christmas of 2010. I was obviously going and I wanted to take Brayden so he could watch daddy too. So we invited the rents along so they could get out, see the sights (Charlotte Motor Speedway) and they could also be helpful with Brayden. I figured between the 3 of us while daddy sat in his hour class and then raced we could all manage little man. We watched all the Nascar people take their rides around the track and then we also seen they were doing ride alongs with an experienced driver. It was only $100 bucks to do that and I tried to get my dad to take a ride but he wouldn't. That would have been the real experience because you topped out at 185 mph. I didn't buy Rick the Nascar one because it didn't seem all that exciting to me. Besides the fact that I managed to get the Mario Andretti Racing Experience from Groupon which saved me lots of $$! (I LOVE GROUPON) Anyways, Rick was in the 1st bunch to drive so that was even better for us because this ended up being an all day event. We left the house at 1pm and didn't get home until just before 8pm. Granted we stopped for dinner at Quaker Steak & Lube which I haven't had in years due to their not being one close enough to HP.

On to it, daddy got all buckled up in the car and off he went. He had 8 minutes on the track. Boy how fast that really goes. He was done in no time. He has a spotter in the stands, so when he starts out he's not really going too fast but as the spotter watches you he progresses your speed. I'm glad they keep you under control. I wasn't sure how all this would work so I was afraid of him going too fast and wrecking! It's a VERY controlled process. They keep track of your speed per lap and at the end of your time you come off the track and check out. Return your suit they give you to wear and your helmet. Upon check-out you get a certificate stating you completed your class and laps and it lists your fastest time. Rick's fastest time was 150.24!! He looked SO happy when he was done. I'm glad I got to make him smile and he enjoyed every minute of his racing experience!!









Oh, I forgot to mention, other than Rick the rest of us had a great time too!! It was a beautiful day, kinda hot though. Brayden kept saying "Daddy go fast". He thought it was awesome. As we all know he has a love for trucks and he's now starting to say other means of transportation like bus, car, bike and etc.

We were watching our recorded episode last night of Tosh.0 and the 1st bit was of a semi getting towed, but they were positioned on a cliff and as the tow driver was in his truck doing something the semi slowly rolled off the cliff taking the tow truck as well (the driver escaped safely) Brayden kept saying uh oh truck. Then he would ask daddy peeze to rewind it and see it again. Don't worry all, he went to bed right after that, we don't let him watch our adult shows. When he does watch tv he gets the sprout channel :-)

This weekend we will be not only celebrating Father's Day but Saturday the 16th is also my birthday. My husband and my dad get to share the weekend with me!! Haha!! Imagine when my birthday actually falls on Father's Day ;-) So, I believe we are going to the Olive Garden for dinner to make it all one celebration. The only thing I am hoping for out of the entire weekend is to sit and scrapbook for a while.

Have a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to you fathers out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment