Friday, April 27, 2012

Puppies

Okay, so I know I said my next blog was going to be about our trip to the Medium 6 months after my brother passed away but...

Something happened this morning that I have to write about. (Actually 2 things)  Every morning on our Monday through Friday routine, it's mainly always the same. Daddy and mommy get up, daddy handles the doggies while mommy gets showered. Then daddy gets ready usually while mommy is doing the non-shower stuff of getting ready. So, once all that is done I usually then go into Braydens room and wake him to get him ready for daycare. So we are all usually downstairs at the same time, doing the kitchen part and last minute shoes and etc. part of leaving for the day. What's nice is we are so routine that Brayden just follows perfectly except for the occasional morning tantrum which I guess by what I have heard from other moms and dads I am pretty lucky because his seem mild. Really he only throws a tantrum during the rare moments of me being unable to hold him. I can usually deal. I try to do many distraction acts as I do this to get his attention elsewhere so he forgets I am not holding him. Sometimes this really works!

Anyways, the 1st event left me laughing so hard, Rick says he didn't find it all that funny. As we all have our hands full walking out to the garage to leave for work, Rick manages to grab a donut (my parents brought back from PA from our hometown bakery, yum!!) to eat on the way out. I'm out the man door first and then Brayden and then all the sudden I hear "What the Heck"!! I turn around and see that Rick had reached back with his donut hand to grab the door knob to shut the door and our chocolate lab Magoo grabbed Rick's donut right out of his hand! I couldn't help myself but laugh hysterically!! Needless to say Rick did run back and grab himself another donut!

2nd event, Brayden and I are all buckled up with our seat belts and headed off to his school. On our way out of our housing plan there is workers building a new roadway. Which means there are plenty of large construction type truck there which also means that Brayden is in his glory (for many that don't know he has a LOVE, no INFATUATION of TRUCKS) SO as we get closer he says repeatedly: "Truck, Truck, Truck". If he's not saying that he usually says "See". This particular morning before we got to the trucks there was a lady walking her 2 little Shih Tzu's. I hear from the back "See" and I said "See what baby" and then I hear this little voice say "Puppies". I was floored!! Yes he says tons of one worders and such but for him to actually put this together and know what they were and answer me, just made me cry. Then I said to him what's right up there buddy and he says "Truck". Which is the norm but I still had my mind on the puppies situation. He made me smile from ear to ear. I can't express how much I love watching him grow, explore and learn all sorts of things. I am blessed with my B-Man. He is amazing!!

Lastly, here are a few photos from last night after bath time. Brayden had his hair cut for the 2nd time and I just love his hair. He has beautiful curls in the back that everyone falls in love with. I make sure when we go get it cut though that we don't take too much of the curls off and yet still trim it enough that he looks like my little man!




1 comment:

  1. He is SOOOO cute! I was hopeful that one of my kids would get my curls because I think little kids with curls are so adorable. But no go! Mine both got their dad's hair!

    I love these little everyday things that happen - to me, it has always been the little things in life that are the best. Thanks for sharing some of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete